Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mad about Plaid







Outfit Details: Top- Forever 21 // Skirt- Forever 21 // Belt- Express // Tights- Target // Shoes- Marc Fisher

This is the first time I had worn plaid in such a long time! There was a time in my life when I would be wearing a plaid skirt with some fishnets and a pair of black converse. This skirt took me back to those days for some reason. I don't have a very edgy style, but I think I would like to add a little bit of edge to my outfits in the future. 

While I was at Forever 21, I came to the realization that I buy too much of the same thing. I always opt for bows, polka dots, and peter pan collars. While these are all lovely, I think I have enough of it in my closet. I want to add a little bit of variety! So here starts the challenge of not falling into the polka dot trap. Well, maybe sometimes. 

8 comments:

  1. I'm a firm believer in going with what you know works. For me, it's a lot of black, stripes, polka dots, giant jewelry, cat eye makeup, etc. It's kind of trendy now, but whatever. It's me and it'll continue to be my style for the foreseeable future.

    That being said, it's always nice to have a few pieces that are out of your comfort zone... they just dont get worn very often :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true! I know polka dots and I truly doubt I can stay away from them!

      Delete
  2. this is perfect!
    i'm lovin' it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, every time I'm in Forever 21 and I see some adorable dotted frock, I always think "Maryln." Nobody wears polka dots as well as you do! But I understand being stuck in a rut with your fashion as well. It's fun to mix things up sometimes! I'd love to see you in a maxi or something that I wouldn't normally expect you to wear. ;)

    As for me, peter pan collars are my vice. I will never stop buying them. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks, love! I don't think I could quit polka dots no matter how hard I try!

      Delete